Please read this Policy carefully.
II. APPLICABILITY OF THE POLICY
a. This Policy shall apply to all information (non-personal information and personal information) the Company collects through the Company Systems and/or in the course of your use of the services of the Company.
b. This Policy does not apply to, nor does the Company take any responsibility for, any information that is collected by any third party either using Company Systems or through any links on the Company Systems or through any of the advertisements or through BOTS.
III. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. We will only collect information which you share with us. You can choose what information you want to share with us. We will collect your information only if you choose to share it through our website and services.
b. We will collect the following information about you or related to your use of the Company Systems and/or services of the Company:
Personal information is information the Company collects through the Company Systems that the Company can use to specifically identify you, and may include your:
- Name, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Captured live images through the web camera enabled tests. This is to prevent you from navigating away from the test window while the assessment is ongoing;
- Any personal or personal sensitive information/special categories of data (as defined by applicable laws of India and applicable laws of EU) that you may submit or may be required to submit for registration and continued use of the Company Systems or receive the services by the Company;
- Any personal or sensitive personal information of any other individual that you provide in the course of using the services of the Company.
Non-personal information is information we collect through the Company Systems that does not identify you by name or as an individual person. The Company uses your information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the Web site, to track users” movements around the Web site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. It may include information such as:
- the nature of web-browser software your computer uses.
c. Please do not include any personal information, personally identifiable information or sensitive personal information unless specifically requested by the Company as part of the registration or other applicable processes. If the Company determines that any information you have provided or uploaded violates the terms of this Policy, the Company has the right, in its absolute discretion, to delete or destroy such information without incurring any liability to you. The Company will notify you before we delete or destroy such information.
d. We collect information at the level of the Company Systems like errors, crashes, failures to provide improvements, actions performed and services rendered.
IV. MANNER OF COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- “Cookies” are files that would be placed in your computer system’s or device’s hard drive and browser and are intended to improve your experience of use of the Company Systems, by enabling us to track your usage of the Company Systems and preference, a history of the pages you view, time and date, advertisements and links that you visit and other user information. You may decline these cookies by changing your settings, if permitted. However, do note that doing so may impact certain features of the Company Systems. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Company Systems. Persistent cookies can be removed using tools available in some browsers. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings.
- “Web Beacons / Gifs” is employed by our third-party advertising partner, that help us manage content on our Computer Systems better by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a User’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We sometimes tie in the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers” personal information to send mailers.
- “Flash LSOs” are local shared objects, used by us, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our Computer Systems, so that we can personalize your visit. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Computer Systems or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity, use flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of/type of data stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for flash cookies click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html
- “Google AdSense/Adwords”, we use Google Adwords only to publish ads on Company Systems. When you view or click on an ad, a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on the Computer Systems and other web sites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s AdvertisingandPrivacy page:http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.htmlhttp://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
a. The information that we collect through the Company Systems will be used for these following purposes for the performance of the services in relation to the Company Systems:
- Operating the Company Systems;
- Facilitating your use of the Company Systems;
- Open bling the functionalities of the Company Systems;
- Rendering services to you;
- Analysis of the usage pattern of the Company Systems, the services and other functionalities provided through the Company Systems.
b. Except as otherwise provided herein, no personally identifiable information will be disclosed or shared with any third party without your express consent.
c. The Company will not publish, sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
d. You agree that the Company may use your personal information to contact you and deliver information, to render services sought by you from the Company and to deliver targeted advertisements, administrative notices and any other communication relevant to your use of the Company Systems.
VI. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
a. The information you provide on the Company Systems may be disclosed by the Company to its agents, representatives, consultants, third party advertisers, subsidiaries and affiliates, or to other third-party service providers of the Company who require the information for the purposes of operating and maintaining the Company Systems.
c. The Company will comply with requests and directions of all governmental, law enforcement or regulatory authorities, which it believes in good faith to be in accordance with any applicable law. Such compliance may include disclosing to the governmental, law enforcement or regulatory authority’s information submitted by you or collected in relation to your use of the Company Systems or the Company’s services including any personally identifiable information. By using the Company Systems and receiving Company’s services, you consent to the Company’s disclosure of information as set out in this Section VI (c) to governmental, law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
d. The Company Systems is operated in India. If you are located in the United States, European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of India, please be aware that any information you provide to the Company will be transferred to India. The Company will ensure it receives adequate protection and is treated in a way which is consistent with and respects the relevant laws.
VII. DATA SECURITY
a. The information that you provide, subject to disclosure in accordance with this Policy, shall be maintained in a safe and secure manner. The Company’s databases and information are stored on secure servers with appropriate firewalls.
b. As a User, you have the responsibility to ensure data security. You must not disclose to any person the authentication parameters that are assigned to you including your username or password for your use of the Company Systems. You acknowledge that you will be solely responsible for all acts committed by use of your username /other authentication parameters.
c. Given the nature of internet transactions, the Company does not take any responsibility for the transmission of information collected from you or are generated by your use of the Company Systems or the services. Any transmission of such information over the internet is done at your sole risk. The Company does not take any responsibility for you or any third party circumventing the privacy settings or security measures contained on the Company Systems.
d. While the Company will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that any information collected from you or are generated by your use of the Company Systems or the services is safe and secure, it offers no representation, warranties or other assurances that the security measures are adequate, safe, fool proof or impenetrable.
e. If the Company discovers there has been a breach of your information that poses a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals who are residents in the EEA, it will report it to the relevant national supervisory authority for data protection without undue delay but no later than 72 hours of discovery. The Company will record all data breaches regardless of their effect.
f. If the breach is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals who are residents in the EEA, it will notify the affected individuals that there has been a breach and provide them with information about its likely consequences and the mitigation measures it has taken.
VIII. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
a. You can change, alter of otherwise modify or update the information submitted by you at any time by accessing the Company Systems and authenticating yourself by using your registered username or accessing your user account, as applicable.
b. You have the right to obtain confirmation from the Company that we have retained personal information about you, as well as a written description of the nature of that personal information, the purposes for which it is being used, the sources of the personal information and a list of the recipients with whom we have shared your personal information. You also have the right to request the modification or deletion of any personal information retained by the Company that is inaccurate. Please contact us at the address appearing below to inquire about your personal information.
d. You have the right to obtain confirmation from the Company that we have retained personal information about you, as well as a written description of the nature of that personal information, the purposes for which it is being used, the sources of the personal information and a list of the recipients with whom we have shared your personal information. You also have the right to request the modification or deletion of any personal information retained by the Company that is inaccurate. Please contact us at the address appearing below to inquire about your personal information.
e. The Company at its sole discretion may permit or deny the change of any information, if it reasonably believes that the same is required to observe its obligations under applicable laws.
The Company Systems may be appropriate for Users who are of 18 years of age or older, please do not use the Company Systems or provide any information in the absence of supervision by a parent or guardian. If the Company determines that it is in possession of any information belonging to an individual below 18 years of age which is submitted, collected or generated in breach of the terms of this Policy, it will delete the same without any notice to the individual to whom such information belongs to.
This Policy is subject to change at the Company’s sole discretion. Any changes to the Policy will be notified by a notice at www.dataextern.com
If you have any issue or grievance with respect to this Policy or with the manner in which we collect or store your information, your access or in any respect related to your personal information provided to us, please write to [email protected], who shall redress your grievance. We will do everything we reasonably can to ensure that your grievance is attended to and addressed within a period of 30 days from the date of receipt of your grievance.